Tow Tractor Training
Tow Tractor Training Course Objectives
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the towing capacity of tow tractor.
- Carry out a pre-start inspection.
- Operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine service.
- Travel (forward and reverse) with laden and unladen trailers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
Tow Tractor Training Course Summary
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Weight assessment
- Truck stability
- Components and main types of tow tractor
- Limitations of use
- Emergency controls
- Hitching/unhitching trailers
- Trailer braking
- Refuelling procedures
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- Driving in confined areas
- Handling loaded/unloaded trailers
- Working within a loading bay
- Towing capacity
Tow Tractor Training Certification
SGT Training Limited Theory and Practical Certificate valid for 3 years.
Tow Tractor Training Refresher Period
Tow Tractor Refresher Course after 3 years.
Any Other Relevant Information
This course is conducted on client premises to allow operators to be trained on specific tow tractor.