Scissor Lift Training
Scissor Lift Training Course Objectives
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Site and operate machine safely in relation to task.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under current relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding for the need of Personal Protective Equipment.
Scissor Lift Training Course Summary
- Relevant regulations legislation
- Operators Code of Safe Practice
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Limitations of use
- Components of machine
- Main platform types
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- Overhead trapping dangers
- Servicing and inspection
- Emergency controls
- Moving and locating machine
- Tilt alarms
- Weather conditions
- PPE recommendations
- Ground inspection
- Overhead obstructions
- Spatial awareness
Scissor Lift Training Certification
RTITB NORS Valid for 3 years.
Scissor Lift Training Refresher Period
RTITB/NORS Refresher Course after 3 years.
Any Other Relevant Information
The National Operator Registration Scheme (NORS) is the centralised validation, registration and certification scheme for all RTITB accredited training.
As the assembly and use of MEWPs can be physically demanding, users should be physically fit and in good health and should, generally, not have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, fear of heights/vertigo, giddiness/difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
If you have any problems with literacy or language comprehension, or have any doubts about your fitness to use MEWPs, you must bring them to the attention of your employer.This need not preclude you from using MEWPs, provided your employer conducts an assessment and is able to put into place adequate measures, to take account of any difficulties you may have.
Vehicle Mounted MEWP also available upon request.