Reach Truck Training
Reach Truck Training Course Objectives
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Carry out a pre-start inspection
- Load and unload vehicles.
- Understand the causes of instability of truck and load.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of battery care
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
Reach Truck Training Course Summary
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Limitations of use
- Load weight assessment
- Forklift truck stability
- Components and main truck types
- Driving a reach truck
- Recharging procedures
- Battery checks
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- Emergency controls
- Operators safety code
- Handling loaded/unloaded pallets
- Working within a racking system
- Bulk stacking
- Vehicle loading/unloading
- Introduction to hydraulics
Reach Truck Training Certification
RTITB NORS Valid for 3 years.
Reach Truck Training Refresher Period
RTITB NORS Refresher Course after 3 years.
Any Other Relevant Information
The National Operator Registration Scheme (NORS) is the centralised validation, registration and certification scheme for all RTITB accredited training.
These courses meet the requirement of:
Awarding Bodies recommended period of training and ACOP
Approved Code of Practice for Rider Operated Lift Trucks: Operator Training.