Overhead Crane Training
Overhead Crane Training Course Objectives
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Operate safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Operate the crane safely in response to given tasks and signals.
- Carry out daily maintenance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of crane terminology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of signs given by signaller.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Recognise defects and hazards that affect crane motions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of lift plans.
- Position the crane for a lift.
Overhead Crane Training Course Summary
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Crane terminology
- Slinging and operating to signallers guidance
- Overhead crane operation
- Parameters of use
- Limitations of use
- Lifting accessories
- Lift plans
- Angles of lift
- Pendant controls
- Basic, standard and complex lifts
- Centre of gravity
- Safety awareness
- Pre-start inspections/maintenance
- Emergency exit from crane (cab)
Overhead Crane Training Certification
SGT Training Limited Theory and Practical Certificate Valid for 3 years.
Overhead Crane Training Refresher Period
Overhead Crane Refresher Course after 3 years.
Any Other Relevant Information
This course is conducted on clients premises to allow delegates to be trained on specific types of overhead crane.