Order Picker Training
The Order Picker Truck enables operatives to pick whole pallets from racking systems where permisable or to pick mutliple items by hand at low eye or high levels, These trucks are invaluable where space is restricted to the much larger vna man up or man down trucks.
Order Picker Training Course Objectives
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Carry out a pre-start inspection.
- Operate to pre-determined heights.
- Understand the causes of instability of truck and load.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of battery care.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
Order Picker Training Course Summary
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Introduction to machine
- Limitations of use
- Load weight assessment
- Truck stability
- Components and main truck types
- Operating an order picker
- Recharging procedures
- Rated capacity chart
- Battery Checks
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- Emergency controls
- Operators safety code
- Handling loaded/unloaded pallets
- Working within a racking system
- Bulk stacking
- Vehicle loading/unloading
- Introduction to hydraulics
- Spatial awareness
Order Picker Training Certification
RTITB NORS Valid for 3 years.
Order Picker Training Refresher Period
RTITB/NORS Refresher Course after 3 years.
Any Other Relevant Information
The National Operator Registration Scheme (NORS) is the centralised validation, registration and certification scheme for all RTITB accredited training.
These courses meet the requirement of:
Awarding Bodies recommended period of training and ACOP
Approved Code of Practice for Rider Operated Lift Trucks: Operator Training.